Saturday 6 January 2024

Funny things parents say (part 2)

Kids say the funniest things, but so sometimes do parents. Usually when they're decribing funny things their kids did. This week the Charles Fudgemuffin blog highlights a few such examples.

A perfect likeness!
1) "If you ever find yourself feeling over-confident, ask your kid to draw a picture of you."

Credit: @TheDad




2) "I love getting the opportunity to teach my children life lessons in real-time like you don't overhand throw a ball to someone when you're 6 inches from their face."

Credit: @TheMomHack




3) "My daughter once summarized a 10 minute story in 4 hours."

Credit: @MommaJessieC


Play-Doh and butter.
Interchangeable items to one creative kid.


4) Here's some wise advice that one parent was forced to give to their kid:

"Butter is not Play-Doh."

Credit: @kidversations




5) "I caught my 9 year old helping my 5 year old with her math homework.

When they noticed I was watching, they started fighting.

Have to keep up appearances."

Credit: @XplodingUnicorn

When I read this, I couldn't help thinking, "What sort of evil teacher gives a five year old homework!?"



Step 5.

6) "The five stages of asking a child to do something.

1. Completely oblivious to question for first 10 minutes.
2. States that they just have to do something else three times.
3. Starts doing task day dreaming then forgets halfway through.
4. Does task badly whilst mucking about.
5. Parent does said task."

Credit: @EricaMorecambe




7) "Do kids get some sort of bonus if they say like 4,258,137 words in a day?"

Credit: @jdstalnaked




8) "I hope my 4 year old appreciates the amount of effort I've put in to ensure I lose to him at Guess Who."

Credit: @KevinTheDad


Lego, pictured yesterday.


9) "Why is there a Lego tower in the fridge?"

Credit: Playtivities




10) Finally, here's a nugget of parent wisdom which is sadly becoming more and more accurate every year:

"No-one ever warned me that the hardest part of motherhood would be protecting my kids from the government."

Credit: @SuvThe Sequel




Related posts:
Funny things parents say (part 1)
Funny things kids say (part 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment