Saturday 25 September 2021

Funny things parents say

I've often featured funny things that kids say on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, but parents also say many things which make me chuckle. So here are a few examples...

"But I'd make a wonderful pet!"
1) "No, we can't get a dinosaur."

Credit: @Imaginarialist




2) "Kids really overestimate how much parents want to guess things."

Credit: @simoncholland




3) What you say: "Please stop making that noise."
What the kids hear: "Make a different noise that's more annoying."

Credit: @RodLacroix




"And you especially can't eat a bat balloon."
Insert obligatory Wuhan joke here.

4) "Having the house to yourself as a teenager is equally as exciting for a grown adult with kids/spouse."

Credit: u/inuoso06




5) "You can't eat the balloon."

Credit: @The_ParentClub




6) "Parenthood is a constant struggle between craving silence and needing your children to make noise to know they are alive."

Credit: @jaxwax04




7) "My kids realized early on that 'I'm bored' in English translates to 'Please give me menial labor to do' when translated to Fatherese."

Credit: Todd Minter



"Why? Because the artist used blue paint."

8) "90% of what I say to my kids after 6pm ends with '...or you can go to bed right now.'"

Credit: @NeatasaPin




9) "Why is your mouth blue?"

Credit: @MarcasG





10) "My parents have just got Netflix and I told them they could watch Army Of The Dead as it's released today. My mum's reply was 'Oo, brilliant. What time does it start?'"

Credit: @JonMooreFX




Related posts:
Funny things kids say (part 6)
Funny things kids say (part 7)
Funny things kids say (part 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment