Saturday 23 April 2022

Funny labels

I occasionally feature amusing signs on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, but this week I'm going to deviate from amusing signs slightly and feature instead amusing labels, starting with a label which is technically correct, but probably unnecessary...

1) For worst results


Whoever wrote the label on this item of clothing obviously has a sense of humour...

Unnecessary advice.

'For Best Results: Machine wash cold. Tumble dry low. Never iron design.

For Worst results: Drag through puddle behind car. Blow dry on roof rack."


I mean, they're not wrong!




2) Learn from your mistakes


After having a tooth removed, I was advised by my dentist to use Corsodyl mouthwash for a few days to reduce the chances of infection. However, the instructions on the back of the bottle included a rather worrying piece of advice...

"Reduce your chances of burning the skin off
your mouth by diluting it slightly next time!"

"If peeling of the skin inside the mouth occurs, dilute Corsodyl with an equal amount of water."

Er, no! If Corsodyl makes the skin peel off my mouth, then there's no way it's ever going back inside my mouth ever again! If someone had a peanut allergy, would the label advise, "If you're allergic to peanuts, try eating only half next time!"?

For the record, Corsodyl didn't make the skin peel off the mouth and in actual fact it helped ensure I didn't get a mouth infection after having the tooth removed, so as it turns out I would happily use it again. However, I still can't help thinking that even diluted, you'd have to be pretty brave to put something in your mouth again if it had previously made your skin peel off.




3) Toothpaste for long days


Presumably this toothpaste is marketed at aliens from planets with 48 hour days, rather than aimed at Earthlings, like usual toohtpastes...

Not recommended for people who can do sums.

24 hour protection? Use 2X per day? Something doesn't add up.




4) False claims


Entertaining plastic cups? Huh! They're not very entertaining if you ask me. I watched them for ten minutes and they did nothing! #FalseAdvertising

Entertaining plastic cups.

Although to be fair, the label does say 'for cold drinks', so maybe cold drinks find them entertaining?




5) Instructions for dimwits


One label I unintentionally found amusing was this label on a packet of soup I bought which included instructions, presumably aimed at incredibly stupid people, explaining how to make soup from a packet.

"Oh no! It's so complicated!"

Just how stupid do they think their customers must be if they think they need to point out the following instructions:

1) Empty the contents into a cup.
2) Add boiling water.

"Sorry, I'm confused. Could you explain that in a more simplified manner please?"




6) Child shredded meat


Finally, I hope this is just a badly translated label...

Child shredded meat. A delicious classic.

...but sadly, with the human rights record of the Chinese government, you can't be too sure.




You can find vaguely related posts at the links below:
Supermarket signs, labels and vouchers
Funny supermaket photos
Creative labelling

No comments:

Post a Comment