Saturday 10 August 2024

Things that unintentionally made me laugh (part 5)

Regular readers of the Charles Fudgemuffin blog may be aware that on some occasions I find amusement in things that aren't intended to be funny. This week's blog post is another round up of items fitting that description.

1) Dog drawing contest


To start things off, here's a dog drawing contest that made me laugh.


"Remember that the winner of this contest was chosen through likes."

Personally, I don't understand why they felt the need to clarify how the winner was chosen. Surely the artistic brilliance of the winner would have shone through whatever method they used?




2) Custom biology


Next, I was also unintentionally amused by the following website...


Custom? I'm pretty sure that's not how biology works!




3) Comedy Chess


As well as unintentional laughter, I'm also a fan of intentional humour, so I decided to look for a funny book to read on Amazon. However, while perusing the Kindle charts, I was somewhat surprised to find the following book at the top of the Humour charts...

"Chess? Ha, ha! Hilarious!"

I have to admit, on all the occasions when I've played chess, it's never ended with both players rolling on the floor with laughter. Maybe I'm playing it wrong?




4) Sugar razors


I was also unintentionally amused while I was searching for razors on the Asda website. As usual, you can sort by price, relevance, etc. However, rather bizarrely, you can also sort the razors by sugar content?

Razors sorted by sugar content.

Store assistant: "Hi, how can I help?"
Customer: "I'm looking for a razor that is low in sugar."

Presumably this feature is aimed at sword swallowers on a low sugar diet?




5) Thieves


We interrupt this blog post to bring you an important message from the IRS to help thieves complete their tax returns...


"Stolen property: If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it unless you return it to its rightful owner in the same year."


I can't help thinking it's just a little optimistic of the IRS to expect thieves to pay taxes on the things they steal! I mean, after all ... they're thieves!*

* The thieves, I mean - not the IRS - although they're thieves as well, obviously.




6) WWE betting


Finally, here's a betting market offered by SkyBet which I found amusingly bizarre...

Wrestlemania betting.

Betting on WWE!? Surely everyone realizes that WWE is fake and rigged!

I mean, what next? Betting on the US Presidential election? Betting on the Brazilian Presidential election? **shifty eyes**




You can find more things that weren't intended to be funny, but which my bizarre sense of humour nevertheless found amusing, in my previous blog posts:
Things that unintentionally made me laugh (part 3: stupid criminals)
Things that unintentionally made me laugh (part 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment