Saturday 6 November 2021

Random silliness

What the world needs now is more silliness! So with that in mind, this week the Charles Fudgemuffin blog takes a look at silly tweets, silly quotes, and random acts of silliness...

1) To start things off, here's a request from Lorraine for someone to fix this photo of her mum so that her eyes are open. Thankfully, a photoshop expert was able to help her out...

"Can someone fix this picture please of my mum. I'd like her eyes to be open. Her eyes are blue."

I'm sure you'll agree, only a very sharp eyed detective would ever be able to tell that it's been photoshopped!




2) People always laugh at me when I get sayings wrong, but it's like water off a duck's neck to me.




3) One of the best sources of silliness on the internet is the Fake Showbiz News account on twitter. Here's an example of the type of silliness they post:

Ellie Goulding asks a valid question.

To be fair, fake Ellie, I think parents are worried that their toddlers are going to climb up a few stairs and then fall down the stairs. Nevertheless, it's an interesting question.

Credit: @FakeShowbizNews




4) Here's an amusing tweet which is bizarre, but alse technically accurate:

"A shark could swim faster than me, but I could probably run faster than a shark, so in a triathlon it would all come down to who is the better cyclist."

Credit: @EmmaManzini




5) Next we have a serious message from Nottinghamshire Police which unintenionally made me laugh...

"Do you recognise this man?"

You can't fault their optimism, but I don't hold out much hope of them tracking him down.




6) I moved into a new igloo. My friends came over to give me a housewarming party.

Now I'm homeless.




7) Here's a woman who's wondering why her boyfriend isn't texting her...

"Why hasn't he texted?"

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say maybe because it's a house phone?




8) "I've been told crocodiles can grow up to 15 feet but I’ve never seen one with more than four. "

Credit: Athletico Mince




9) Let's break from the silliness for a second, and take a moment to remember this sadly departed penguin...

"Just found a penguin skeleton in the road. RIP little fellow."

A penguin skeleton.




Finally, to round things off...

10) There are three unwritten rules of life:

1.
2.
3.


- - - - - - - - -


If you're after a silly short read, then my silly short story 'The Absence Of Fear' is available for kindle from Amazon:




You can find more silliness in the blog posts belows:
Silly nursery rhymes
Silly question asked by TV presenters
Silly pie charts

No comments:

Post a Comment