Saturday 3 February 2024

Library humour

Libraries have a reputation for being somewhere where you can read books. Deservedly so, some would argue.

However, libraries can also be a source of humour, as the following memes demonstrate...

1) Mystery humour


To start things off, here's a book category which does exactly what it says on the tin.

Credit: imgur

Mystery by name...

...mystery by nature!




2) Wise advice (part 1)


I asked the librarian, "Where's the Self-Help section?"

"If I told you, it would defeat the purpose!" she replied.




3) A cautionary tale


We interrupt this blog post to bring you a word of advice found on a sign in one local library.

Credit: Pinterest

"Dinosaurs didn't read. Now they are extinct."

I'm not saying the two are related, but I'm not saying they're not related.




4) Cats and dogs


A man walked into a library and said, "I'm looking for a book about Pavlov's dog and Schrodinger's cat."

"It rings a bell," the librarian replied, "but I'm not sure if it's there or not."




5) Wise Advice (part 2)


Here's a joke that only social media users will get.


"Read more."

Wise advice to give to children, and also an annoying button to click on social media feeds.




6) Space humour


This wasn't the type of 'space' I was looking for.

Credit: imgur

Space by name...

...space by nature!




7) Unprofessional behaviour


I went to my local library and the librarian was throwing Stephen King books at everyone. I thought to myself, "Why are they doing that?"

Then IT hit me.

Legal disclaimer: As I'm sure everyone already realizes, the above events didn't really happen in my local library. My local librarians are far too professional to engage in such childish behaviour.

I was of course in my neighbouring city's library when the events described occured.





8) "If you don't know the words..."


Finally, I suspect whoever displayed these library books was a fan of the old 60s Batman TV show.

Credit: Quotesgram

Na na na na na na na na na, Batman!




Related posts:
10 books that were surprisingly banned
How not to write a helpful book review

No comments:

Post a Comment