Saturday 4 November 2023

Randomly generated motivational quotes

A rather entertaining website I recently discovered is the InspiroBot website which randomly creates 'motivational quotes' with accompanying images.

Once in a while you will find a genuinely motivational quote, or a deep quote that gets you thinking. However, most of the time the quotes are just utterly bizarre, some of them are outright lies, some are simply evil, and some are actually demotivational.

I've compiled a few examples below to illustrate the kind of 'inspirational' quotes that Inspirobot comes up with, and to start things off, here's one quote which I definitely agree with.

1) "Publicly endorse books."


Horse 1: "Why do you think that photographer is taking our photo?"
Horse 2: "Probably for a motivational quote about books, no doubt."

Some estimates say that over 2.2 billion books are sold every year, so I'm happy to report that this is a quote that many people agree with.

However, I'm not sure how the horses tie in with a quote about books!

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Good advice




That was a positive quote to get the ball rolling, but not all of Inspirobot's quotes are quite as inspirational...

2) "Existence stinks."



That's really cheered me up! What an uplifting message!

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Demotivational




3) "A bomb has the power to heal."



I don't know what type of bombs they've been watching, but all the bombs I've seen tend to destroy rather than heal.

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Lies




4) "Don't imitate someone with a positive outlook on life."



Yeah, because why would you want to be positive about life?

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Demotivational




Some of the quotes, aren't inspirational, but they are amusing, and this next quote is definitely one such example...

5) "Be hairy."



I have to admit, while not exactly motivational, reading this quote would admittedly brighten my day just by the sheer silliness of it.

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Silly!




6) "In your dreams, what you have cooked will be uncooked."



Er ... what?

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Bizarre




7) "Don't forget to crush your enemies."



Always wise advice. Although I'm not sure Sun Tzu would agree, as according to the correct translation of The Art Of War, Mr Tzu prefers preservation of gains over crushing anyone.

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Inspirational
Sun Tzu rating: False




8) "Make everyone in your life feel horrible."



What!? How is this supposed to be motivational!? This is clearly bad advice that only a nasty person would consider.

That said, in a warped way I nevertheless would find it amusing if this image turned up in my social media feed. At first glance the background picture does indeed look like the sort of photo you would see as the backdrop to a motivational quote. However, once you actually read the words, you're left thinking, "Eh? Why have they posted such a horrible quote? I wasn't expecting that!" It's the sheer unexpectedness of it that makes me chuckle.

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Evil




9) "The fact that you are ugly is what makes you a failure."



Wow! That's really inspiring! Telling someone they're ugly is sure to build their confidence up!

That was sarcasm by the way. It's also not true. I can think of plenty of ugly people who were successful in what they did. For example, **** *****, ***** *********, and of course, ***** *****.

Editor's note:
"Charles, I've taken the liberty of censoring the names you mentioned, in case any of them read this and get offended."
Charles: "Good idea. I know that **** ***** is a regular reader of this blog (
when he's not busy making millions), so I wouldn't want to upset him and lose him as a reader."

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Demotivational




And finally, my personal favourite of all...

10) "Try to be the reason a stranger gets diarhhoea today."



I think that's one 'inspirational' quote we can all agree with!

Charles Fudgemuffin rating: Bizarre

- - - - - - - - - -

Based on the above evidence, I think it's safe to say that there's a long way to go before we have to worry about artificial intelligence taking over the world. However, artificial intelligence could perhaps hurt the feelings of unsuccessful ugly people, or potentially cause an outbreak of diarhhoea among associates of easily manipulable people.




You can find more AI themed discussion in my previous blog post below:
Jokes written by AI

No comments:

Post a Comment