Saturday 28 October 2023

Weird facebook likes (part 6)

This is a theme which I haven't featured for quite some time on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, but it always makes me chuckle so I'm featuring it again.

You have ruined your expensive headphones.
2 friends like this.
I'm talking about weird facebook likes. Specifically, the practice of people posting a status on facebook which is clearly bad news, and yet several of their alleged 'friends' then bizarrely reach straight for the 'like' button.

1) To give an example of what I'm referring to, here's someone who made an expensive mistake.

"Why not add a modern twist to the classic 'forget to check jeans pockets for tissues before putting them in the wash' by also not checking for headphones? ******!"

2 friends like this.

So to summarise, you've ruined your expensive headphones, and two of your so-called friends are delighted with this news!



2) Ruining your expensive headphones would definitely be frustrating, but you could at least class it as a first world problem. This next example, however, deals with a far more serious issue.

"Right, how serious is this Kim dude about a nuclear attack? Just wondering if it's worth bothering with all my essays if nuclear war is going to break out soon!"

6 friends like this.

Nuclear war is on the cards. That's wonderful news! News of a potential nuclear war always brightens my morning!

This was a few years ago, and to be fair, it was mainly gullible BBC viewers that thought that nuclear war was going to break out, and wise 'in the know' people knew that nuclear war was never an issue (at the time). However, it still seems a bizarre subject to like.

That said, I have to admit, I did find it amusing that on hearing about the potential for nuclear war, her reaction was, 'So do I not need to do my homework?'



An angry emoji, pictured yesterday.
3) I've censored some of the more colourful language from this next example, but sufficeth to say it was posted by a very angry person who was given technically accurate but incomplete information from a bus driver.

"Livid!!! Asked the bus driver if this bus went to Newcastle, he smiled and said yes. The ***** didn't mention it went from Durham to Consett, then to Stanley, Tanfield, Dipton, Burnopfield, Whickham, the Metro, and then to ****** Newcastle!!! I will try my best not give this joker some grief when I get off this bus! Oh, and to top it off, it's raining and I left my coat in the library at uni!!!!!!"

5 friends like this.

For the benefit of anyone not from the local area, I should point out that the route described would be a bit like going from England to Scotland via France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark and Norway. So although the bus driver was technically telling the truth, he was nevertheless being very sneaky by not pointing out that the journey went via the scenic route.

I'm sure it was some comfort to the girl who posted the status though, to discover that at least five of her friends were amused by her extended journey!



4) Here's another forgetful example.

"Just got back home and I don't have my key! A night in the car for me then. *****!"

3 friends like this.

Imagine the following conversation:

John: "I've locked myself out."
Fred: "That's nice."

Surely a true friend would respond, "Well feel free to sleep on our sofa," and yet no-one offered a roof over his head for the night. To be fair, neither did I, but in my defence, my priority was writing about it on my blog obviously, rather than helping someone in need.

Editor's note: "Charles, that's not really a defence. If anything, it's more of an admission than a defence."
Charles: "You say potato, I say potahto."




Your tyre has been slashed.
1 friend likes this.
5) Finally, of all the weird facebook likes featured so far, this must surely be the most inappropriate like of them all.

"Great way to wake up on a Monday morning with this done to your tyre."

1 friend likes this.

So to reiterate, he's had his car tyre slashed, and one friend likes that! Perhaps the fact that one friend likes this, could be a clue to the identity of the person who slashed his tyre. Hmm...

- - - - - - - - - -

Since I originally began posting about weird facebook likes, facebook have since introduced a variety of reactions, such as laughing face, angry face, cuddle emoji, etc, so nowadays people have no excuse for liking bad news, and yet, some people still do it. I'll therefore no doubt feature another round-up of weird faceook likes in a future blog post.




For more examples of inappropriate facebook likes (presumably from 'frenemies'), check out my previous blog posts below:
Weird facebook likes (part 4)
Weird facebook likes (part 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment