Saturday 28 September 2024

The funny side of art

Art can be perceived as a very serious subject, but it does also have a lighthearted side. To demonstrate, this week the Charles Fudgemuffin blog takes a look at the funny side of art.

1) To start things off, here's a portrait of an old queen pictured the time when she foolishly bit into a raisin cookie thinking it was a chocolate chip cookie.

"Disgusting!"

From personal experience, I can confirm that the artist has captured her expression perfectly!




2) I've just seen Van Gogh in my local pub, so I asked him if he'd like a beer.

"No thanks, he replied. "I've got one 'ere."




3) Here's a photo of the time I dropped a box of spaghetti on the floor and accidentally graduated from Art School.

Modern art.
Ideal for people with no taste.

Bonus fact: Modern art started out as a practical joke that went too far!




4) Breaking news: A man claimed he'd found an Edvard Munch painting worth £100 million in his attic, but it turned out to be a forgery.

Police said that when they went to arrest him, he made a terrible scream, so they've taken that as evidence.




5) Presumably, the conversation to discuss this next portrait went something like this...

Artist: "So how would you like to be painted, young lady?"

Girl: "With my favourite fish."

Artist: "Er, sorry? Your favourite fish?"

Girl: "With my fish!"

Artist: "Okay."

Girl: "And also this drunk cat."


In all seriousness, the artist is clearly very talented, but it just seems bizarre that she would get painted holding a fish!




6) Teacher: "Okay, today students, I want you to draw a dog."
Student: "No problem! Here you go!"


Teacher: "That's stupid! Dogs don't look like that!"
Student: "That's exactly what my dog looks like!"

And here's the proof...

Credit: imgur

It's a perfect likeness! It could almost be a spot the difference puzzle!




7) What do you say to a liberal arts student who has just got a job?

I'd like fries with that, please.




8) "I call this next painting, 'Electricity bill. Oil on canvas.'"


Explanation for Chinese readers: You won't understand this because your electricity bills are cheap, but here in England we have traitorous leaders who pursue self-sabotaging energy policies that have doubled the price of electricity in the last five years. That's why the woman looks so sad.




9) When I was leaving my local art gallery, I got arrested for stealing a painting.

I thought it was unfair, because earlier when I asked the guide if I could take a picture, he said, "Yes."




10) Finally, I love the realistic portrayal of the horse on the right in this medieval painting!

It's almost like looking at a photo!

Art client: "Okay, so I want one of the horses drawn from the side, and the other horse drawn from the front."

Medieval artist: "From the front? Oh, well, er..."

Art client: "It's not a problem, is it? You know how to draw horses from the front, don't you?"

Medieval artist: "Sure, of course. Totally. I draw horses from the front all the time."




If you're more interested in fashion than you are in art, then good news! There's a blog post below that caters to your preferences!
The funny side of fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment