Saturday 19 June 2021

10 jokes about writers

It's officially National Writing Day in a few days' time (June 23rd), so to celebrate here are a few jokes about writing and writers...

A touching story.
1) I'm currently reading a book written in Braille.
It's a touching story.



2) I recently read a novel about a man who had a small garden.
It didn't have much of a plot.



3) Eleven vowels, 17 consonants, an exclamation mark and a comma appeared in court today. They are due to be sentenced next week.



Synonym buns.
4) Why don't escaped convicts make good writers?
Because they never finish their sentences.



5) What do writers have for breakfast?
Synonym buns.



6) What's it like being an unsuccessful writer?
It's difficult to put into words.



7) What do you call a writer who doesn't follow the rules of sentence structure?
A rebel without a clause.


Maybe I could be a hat maker for cold writers...

8) Why are writers always cold?
Because they're surrounded by drafts.



9) I can't decide whether I want to be a hat-maker or a writer, so I'm going to decide by the flip of a coin.
Heads or tales.



10) Today I learned that the writer Stephen King has a son named Joe.
Seriously, I’m not joking ... but he is.




You can find more jokes in the blog posts below:
10 Star Wars jokes
10 music jokes
10 nerd jokes

No comments:

Post a Comment