Saturday 7 November 2020

Nice reviews (part 3)

I've received quite a few reviews since my last round-up of nice reviews, so big thanks to everyone who left a review and gave constructive feedback on Amazon.

There are actually too many reviews to include them all, but here are a few of them...

1) How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It, And Other Short Stories


To start things off, here's a rather nice review of my crime themed collection of short stories entitled 'How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It, And Other Short Stories'.

Five stars: "Such a fun read!!"

"I really love this author's sense of humor. Every story was original and very well written. Keep up the good work!! So everyone, try this author out. You won't be disappointed. (I hate being disappointed.) ;)"

Thanks for the encouragement, Peggy, and for the recommendation!




2) How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It


As well as being the name of my collection of crime themed short stories, How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It is also the name of an individual short story. Here's a review of that specific short story.

Five stars: "A small, fun read."

"Found myself giggling at times. Recommend to ones who know relationship struggles."


Thanks, Amazon Customer. I'm glad I was able to make you giggle!




3) True Or False: A Light-Hearted Collection Of 100 Facts And Bluffs


Many years ago I wrote a light-hearted true or false book covering a variety of subjects. It recently received a nice review from a reviewer called ArtieO.

Five stars: "A fun challenge."

"I enjoyed the challenge of the book. I read the paragraph(s) of the supposed facts, scroll down on my Kindle until I reached "True or False", then used my resources to figure it out. Somethings I had prior knowledge of the topic, sometimes I had to use my experience with human nature, sometimes I had to use my knowledge of history. I ended up adding to the store of useless trivia I enjoy collecting."

Thanks, Artie. I'm glad I was able to add to your store of useless trivia!




4) Burn The Witch


Here's a review of Burn the Witch...

Four stars: "A clever little read."

"This really understands how people tick. When she is accused of witchcraft and told she would either burn or drown she has think fast on her feet. A curse on the village. The first to be named is well known to be a gambling shark and has a lot of people owing him money. Is it any surprise that he is found dead later. Another chosen is the tax collector and he too is found dead the next day. But when she chooses the the mayor he is quick to want to break the curse. After all the first two victims weren't popular and having the town meetings not only stabilised his position but also made a huge profit for his wife, the baker. But now it is his neck on the block. Will our clever and resourceful witch get her freedom?"

'Will our clever and resourceful witch get her freedom?', Krystyna asks. Well, to find out, you'll have to read Burn The Witch!




5) How To Save The World: Part 3C - In The End, No-One Can Escape Justice


Finally, to round things off, here's a great review from Lemonhead...

Five stars: "Seriously great underwear."

"These are just the most comfortable underwear... they fit like a second skin so you'd hardly notice you're wearing them."

Just to clarify, they weren't talking about any of my books or short stories. They were reviewing B'Tempted underwear by Wacoal.

However, Lemonhead did also leave a very nice review of a book I wrote many years ago. It's the final book in the 'How To Save The World' series, 'Part 3C - In The End, No-One Can Escape Justice'.

Five stars: "Loved the whole series."

"No idea why I loved this, but I did. Even the 'bap' obsession seemed funny to me (and I'm a girl). Just a really great idea for a series of books, and you have to love Eric!"

Thanks for the great review, Lemonhead! I'm glad you liked it


- - - - - - - - - -


I received a few other reviews which I also really liked but I couldn't quite fit them all in this week, so I'll have to squeeze in another round up of reviews in a few months' time.

Once again, big thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a review and to give feedback. It's really appreciated and a big source of encouragement.




Sadly, the 'seriously great underwear' are no longer available, but it may be a small consolation to know that my books and short stories can be purchased for kindle at the links below:

How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It, And Other Short Stories
True Or False: A Light-Hearted Collection Of 100 Facts And Bluffs
Burn The Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment