Saturday 24 November 2018

Controversial questions (part 2)

Here at the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, we're not afraid to ask controversial questions, so this week it's time to shine the spotlight on controversial subjects once again, as we take a look at polarising topics such as sandwiches, tomato ketchup, and of course no article on controversial questions would be complete without a discussion on toilet rolls.

But to start things off, let's ask...

A sandwich.
To cut or not to cut, that is not the question.
The question is how to cut.

1) Should sandwiches be cut into rectangles or triangles?


I have to admit I generally don't bother cutting sandwiches at all, and if I'm feeling really lazy I don't even bother putting butter on my sandwich!

However, as I discovered when I recently raised the subject at work, for many people the topic of how to cut your sandwiches can be a very emotional subject.

But which side of the fence to you sit on?






2) Should tomato ketchup be kept in the fridge?


"Alas, poor Tommy the Tomato, I knew him so well."
The first time I discovered that a friend of mine kept their tomato ketchup in the fridge I thought it was a joke. And once I realized it wasn't a joke, I was completely shocked. I couldn't understand why you would even contemplate such a thing!

However, it turned out that it was actually his girlfriend who believed extremely passionately that tomato ketchup categorically has to be kept in the fridge, and my friend didn't want to make a big fuss about it* so he went along with it and pretended it was normal to keep tomato ketchup in the fridge, even though he secretly believed it was completely weird to keep tomato ketchup in the fridge.

* #UnderTheThumb #KeepThePeace

But what about you? Do you secretly pretend that it's normal to keep tomato ketchup in the fridge in order to placate your girlfriend? Or do you openly acknowledge that keeping tomato ketchup in the fridge is totally weird?






In order to avoid subliminally influencing the reader, we have
provided illustrations of toilet rolls in both the over and under
positions, so that readers can make up their own minds without
being unduly influenced by our own opinion.

3) Should the toilet roll hang over or under?


A facebook friend of mine posted about this recently and it provoked some very angry responses.

I have to admit that the subject of toilet rolls doesn't get me quite as angry as it apparently gets some people, but nevertheless I do have a preference.

But where do you hang your opinion on the subject of toilet rolls?



- - - - - - - - - -

Perhaps the most controversial question of them all is the question, 'Is a KitKat a chocolate bar or a biscuit?', and it's a question which causes quite a heated debate between two gangsters in my short story entitled, ' 'Is a KitKat a chocolate bar or a biscuit?' which is available for kindle from Amazon.




Related blog posts:
* Bread bun, bap, cob, scone, roll, barm or muffin?
* Controversial questions (part 1)
* 'Is a KitKat a chocolate or a biscuit?'

No comments:

Post a Comment