Saturday 31 July 2021

How to be a rebel! (part 2)

May 29th is an important day for fans of avocados, because today is National Avocado Day!*

* Seriously, I'm not making it up. Check out the link below if you don't believe me:
nationaltoday.com/national-avocado-day

Given that I occasionally use national days as the inspiration for blog post ideas, you may therefore be expecting me this week to publish a blog post about avocados. However, you'd be wrong, because this week I'm not going to write about avocados, or indeed any fruit/vegetable.

Instead, in an act of rebellion, I'm going to write about how to be a rebel. To start things off, here's one creature that is definitely an inspiration for all budding rebels...

1) Rebellious seagull


This seagull doesn't play by the rules!

"Squawk! Taxation is theft! Squawk!"

I can't help thinking that it's a bit pointless having a sign telling seagulls they're not allowed, primarily because all the seagulls I've ever encountered have been unable to read signs.

Perhaps the seagulls in that area are uncharacteristically intelligent. Who knows?

Source: pinterest





2) Look right


Nobody tells this next rebel which direction to look!"

Look right.

"I don't take orders from a road!"


Source: imgur





3) Rebellious tree


Think outside the box. And also grow outside the box.

Tree: "I refuse to be part of your oppressive system!"

This tree grows where it wants!

Source: imgur





4) Miserable rebel


"Don't tell me to be happy!"

This seat is reserved for someone in a really good mood.

That's got to be the funniest fake miserable face ever.

Source: imgur




5) Secret sauce


This secret sauce refuses to conform to the traditional definition of secret...

Secret sauce: "I refuse to remain secret!"

A secret sauce made from the 'secret' ingredients of mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and black pepper.




6) Rebellious grafitti


Finally, this last rebel is such a rebel that they're rebelling against being a rebel!


"Spread anarchy."
"Don't tell me what to do!!"

Source: pinterest




You can find more rebels in my original post:
How to be a rebel! (part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment