Saturday 3 October 2020

Controversial questions: Food special!

Here at the Charles Fudgemuffin blog we're not afraid to tackle controversial debates, so this week it's time for another selection of important cutting edge questions. As you'll notice, this week's controversial questions all have a comestible theme to them...

1) Should salt and vinegar crisp* packets be blue or green?


Blue or green?
You decide!
* Or chip, for the benefit of any American readers.

I think this one is perhaps an age related dilemma because when I was young, salt and vinegar crisps always came in a blue packet, but nowadays some crisp manufacturers have decided to break with tradition.

If, like me, you think non-traditional crisp manufacturers are idiots, then you can help them see the error of their ways by voting below.

Or if you're one of those crazy fools who rather bizarrely thinks that salt and vinegar crisp packets should indeed be green, then you can also vote below.


Editor's note: "Charles, you're aupposed to be a neutral arbiter!"
Charles: "Get with the times, Ed! Nowadays all media organisations have pretty much dropped all pretence of neutrality. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!"


Update: Apparently, I'm supposed to be neutral on the issue, so feel free to vote for whatever colour you prefer.





Unamused cat: "Strawberries!? What do you call this!?"
Cat's owner: "Lunch. But some people call it dinner."

2) Is it 'lunch and dinner' or 'dinner and tea'?


We all know that breakfast is called breakfast, and supper is called supper, but what do you call the other two meals of the day?

Are they called 'lunch and dinner', or 'dinner and tea'? Should the midday meal be called lunch or dinner? And should the evening meal be called dinner or tea?

Help put an end to this controversial debate by voting below!


This is another question I have a strong opinion on. It's obviously [***** *** *****]* and anyone who says otherwise is an absolute ***** *****!

* Censored by the editor.





3) Should you butter the bun when making a burger?


"Did you butter this?"
This was one of those questions which I didn't even realise was controversial until it was pointed out to me.

If you buy a burger from a fast food restaurant, they would never butter the bun. If they did, I would think it was weird. However, whenever I make myself a burger at home, I always butter the bun.

So I suppose my answer to this controversial question depends on the setting. However, you can only pick one answer, so vote for your choice below!


Editor's note: "Actually, they can choose two answers because you've got the settings wrong on the poll."
Charles: "Then fix it, then! What do I pay you for!?"
Editor: "You don't pay me."
Charles: ** shifty eyes **





If your appetite for controversy is still not satisfied, then you can find more controversial questions below:
Controversial questions (part 3)
Is a KitKat a chocolate bar or a biscuit?
Bread bun, bap, cob, scone, roll, barm or muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment