Saturday 30 March 2019

The Idiot Awards! (part 2)

A few months ago, the Charles Fudgemuffin blog recognised excellence in the field of idiocy with the Idiots Awards. However, there are many more idiots worthy of recognition, so here's another batch of 'winners'...

1) Choose your age


In perhaps the craziest news story of the decade, a 69 year old wanted to legally change his age to 49 because he identifies as a 49 year old.


Seriously, the world has gone mad. If we can now choose what we want to identify as, then I would like to identify as a millionaire, so presumably my bank will now let me withdraw loads of money from my account?

Thankfully, common sense prevailed and he lost his case, but the fact that this was even a thing is a sad reflection on the level of lunacy in the world nowadays.




2) Symbolic hunger strike


Yale graduate students proved that the 69 year old Dutch man is not the only idiot in the world, when they went on a 'symbolic hunger strike' where they're allowed to eat...


A hunger strike where you're allowed to eat? Hmm, I think I've spotted a tiny flaw in their logic. I'm not sure they quite understand how a hunger strike works!




3) McIdiots


"Okay, so that's 15 meals all for yourself...
...and would you like fries with that?"
Every Friday in the office where I work we all treat ourselves to an unhealthy takeaway, and this particular week it was the turn of McDonalds. So after collecting everyone's money, it was my turn to head to the local McDonalds to buy 15 meals for everyone in the office.

When I got there and placed the order, the cashier was very polite and friendly, however, she did ask one question which I thought was just a little bit cheeky...

"Is that to eat in?"

Seriously? I'm one person buying fifteen meals, and you ask is that to eat in!?

What a cheek! Do I look like the sort of greedy person that would order fifteen McDonalds meals all for myself!?

"Well, no. In actual fact it's not to eat in because that would mean I was eating these fifteen meals all to myself! And in actual fact I don't plan on eating fifteen McDonalds meals all to myself."

What a cheek!

Only four of the meals were for me! The other eleven meals were for the idiots on the symbolic hunger strike.




4) Sand the winner is...


The next Idiot Award goes to whoever tied this sand to their truck...

"That should hold it!"

I have to say, their sand must exhibit different qualities to all of the sand I've ever encountered, because generally speaking, sand isn't a substance which you can 'strap in'.




5) Bitcoin Pizzas


Finally, this last award goes to someone who made possibly the worst trade in the history of bad trades. Back in 2010, they swapped 10,000 bitcoin for two pizzas. At the time, one bitcoin was worth $0.0041, so they paid about $41 for the two pizzas, which is a little expensive, but not particularly noteworthy.

10,000 bitcoin for two pizzas.

However, since 2010 the value of bitcoin has increased dramatically, and in fact at the time of writing, one bitcoin is now worth approximately $4,000. So if Laszlo had held onto his 10,000 bitcoin, today they would be worth $40 million! That works out at $20 million per pizza, so I hope it was good pizza!

Confirmation of the 'successful' trade.

To be fair, they can't have known at the time that their bitcoin was going to increase in value by over 97.5 million percent, but whoever they traded with certainly got an amazing deal!

- - - - - - - - - -

I think you'll agree that all five of the idiots featured this week thoroughly deserve their Idiot Awards, but who in your opinion is the biggest idiot of all? It's time to vote...



The world today seems to be becoming increasingly filled with idiots, so at some point in the future I'm sure I'll be giving out another batch of Idiot Awards.




Check out previous Idiot Award winners below:
Idiot Awards (part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment