Yet more amusing football quotes to round off the season...
|Another serving of amusing football quotes.|
1) Gary Lineker: "Steve, I imagine there's mixed emotions at the end of that game."
Steve Clarke: "I don't think they're mixed emotions. I'm very very sad for my team, but I'm also immensely proud of the performance."
2) "If you closed your eyes, you couldn't tell the difference between the two sides."
3) "I’d been ill and hadn't trained for a week and I’d been out of the team for three weeks before that, so I wasn’t sharp. I got cramp before half-time as well. But I’m not one to make excuses..."
4) "Bayern will have the added advantage of playing in their own stadium. That's like a home game for them."
5) Callum McManaman: “I always believed we’d win it.”
Interviewer: “How does it feel?”
Callum McManaman: “I can’t believe it!”
6) “There is no precedent for what Suarez did, other than he’s done it before.”
7) "If I have to move on from Newcastle, hopefully it will be to somewhere else."
(As a Newcastle fan I would like to whole-heartedly endorse Joe's words.)
8) Reporter: "Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?"
Gordon Strachan: "No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, 'No, I think they should have got George Graham because I’m useless.'"
9) “The possession stats at one point were 77 percent to 33 percent.”
...Mick Quinn, giving 110%.
|Cardiff are having a good season this year, thanks to|
Stephen Hunt's controversial new method of compiling the league table.
11) "Look at that roar."
...Niall Quinn fails his exam in basic human biology.
12) "If you stand still there's only one way to go, and that's backwards."
13) "Sorry, but I've had a really busy day today. I've been playing in a charity golf day to raise money for a boy who was seriously injured in a car accident. I've had to drive like a lunatic to get here!"
...Ray Houghton on Talksport Radio.
14) "When Rioch came to Millwall we were depressed and miserable. He's done a brilliant job of turning it all around. Now we're miserable and depressed."
Finally, Glenn Hoddle sums up the key to footballing success...
15) "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than unlucky."
You can find more football quotes in my earlier posts:
Amusing Football Quotes
Amusing Football Quotes (Part 2)
Amusing Football Quotes (Part 3)