A collection of football quotes to round off the season...
|Another football season comes to a close.|
Today sees the final day of the Premiership, so to round off the season I thought this would be an appropriate time to post another batch of amusing football quotes from various pundits, players and other football related celebrities. A few of these had me chuckling as I was typing them up, so hopefully a few other people will likewise find them as amusing as I did.
1) "Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms ... movement and positioning."
2) "No regrets. None at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret but no, no regrets."
3) "I think England will make it to the semi-finals, along with Brazil, Italy, Germany and France.”
…Chris Kamara names his five semi-finalists.
4) “You can’t do better than go away from home and get a draw.”
5) "Tony Adams and Niall Quinn were like Little And Large, although they were the same height."
6) "You can't say my team aren't winners. They've proved that by finishing fourth, third and second in the past three seasons."
|You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand basic arithmetic.|
…David Pleat, explaining the basics of arithmetic.
8) "In their last four Blackburn have lost 3-0, 3-1, 5-3 and 3-2. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that's 12 goals conceded."
...Alan Brazil, apparently lacking David Pleat's grasp of arithmetic.
9) "Pepe Reina must be tearing his hair out."
10) "Tense and nervous are not the words, though they are the words."
11) "If there's one thing Burnley have got it's team spirit and organisation."
...Matt Le Tissier (taking inspiration from Monty Python’s Spanish Inquisition sketch.)
12) “Liverpool wearing an unaccustomed strip of all white … with black shorts and red socks.”
…Dave Wood, BBC Radio Commentator.
13) "Steve McManaman once described Zinedine Zidane as ridiculous, and you can't get a higher compliment than that."
|According to Clive Tyldesley, Jamie Carragher 'bleeds red'.|
...Steve Claridge (I think you’ve just answered your own question there, Steve.)
And finally, a particular favourite of mine...
15) "If you cut Jamie Carragher open, he'll bleed red."
You can find more amusing football quotes at the following links:
Amusing Football Quotes
Amusing Football Quotes (Part 3)
Follow Charles Fudgemuffin on facebook and twitter: