Football, hibernation and romance... Just a few of Santa's lesser known pastimes.
|Santa Claus, pictured in his spare time.|
Here are a few of the things that Santa apparently likes to do in his spare time, according to the creative kids surveyed...
1) Kids apparently believe that Santa's Christmas duties leave him extremely tired out, so to recover he spends all of January asleep next to a cosy fire!
2) Santa regains his energy by February, however, when he spends the entire month writing romantic love letters to Mrs Claus!
3) A quarter of kids think Santa keeps fit by playing football with his elves. Surprisingly, this isn't quite as ridiculous as it sounds, as there is actually a real football club in Finland called FC Santa Claus! And as you'd expect, the team wears a red and white football strip!
4) Everyone knows that Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer likes kids to leave him a juicy carrot as a treat on Christmas Eve night. However, if you're wondering what to leave as a treat for Santa, you'll be interested to discover that according to more than a third of kids, Santa's favourite treat is ice cream.
|Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer,|
hanging out with one of the less famous reindeer.
6) According to a fifth of kids, Santa's favourite meal is that well-known traditional Christmas dinner ... fish and chips!
7) When he's not delivering presents, kids report that Santa likes to hang out with the Tooth Fairy.
8) Other things Santa likes to get up to in his spare time include singing, helping out at the post office, and perhaps his most bizarre hobby .... sitting next to a pair of skis(?).
It all goes to show that kids have very creative minds. Some of the above findings seem very weird to my adult brain, but no doubt they all make perfect sense to the weird and wonderful minds of kids!
. . . . . . . .
This post was written and compiled by Charles Fudgemuffin. Charles Fudgemuffin's younger brother, Charles Fudgemuffin Jr, recently published a Christmas themed novella 'Santa And The Naughty Elf' which is available for Kindle from Amazon:
Santa And The Naughty Elf
Charles Fudgemuffin has also written a short story (available for free) based on the funny things that kids say. 'Small Pots Also Have Ears' covers the theme that children listen in to adult conversations and take in more than you realise. It's available for free from from iBooks, Kobo, B&N, Payhip or Smashwords. You can also read it online at Wattpad.
The Santa survey was carried out by Photobox who offer a selection of personalised stationary and art products, including calendars, mugs and Christmas cards:
Personalised Christmas cards from Photobox