Wednesday 20 February 2013

The wisdom of kids

Some amusing quotes from kids, including a few which highlight that sometimes kids can be wiser than you realise.


The dream of every child...  Can you guess what it is?
On my Charles Fudgemuffin facebook page I occasionally post funny comments that kids have said, so as an idea for a blog post I thought I would round up a collection of funny and interesting comments from kids.

1) "The dream of every kid..."


I’ll start off with a description of a funny clip from You’ve Been Framed I saw a few weeks ago. A couple were taking their daughter on a surprise trip to a secret location and the mother said to their young daughter (probably aged about four or five), “Rather than tell you where we’re going, we’re going to show you the letters so that you can spell it out.”

The mother then started showing her daughter the letters and the young girl started spelling them out…

“D – I – S – N – E – Y”

Suddenly a wide-eyed look of uncontrollable excitement appeared on the daughter’s face.

“Do you know where we’re going now?” the mother asked.

To which the daughter punched the air with delight and replied, “Alaska!”

Er ... what? What sort of mixed up kid gets excited about going to Alaska? Not to mention her substandard spelling. Not that I’m knocking Alaska. It’d be a totally cool place for an adult to visit, but I wouldn’t have thought it would be top of the list of ‘must-see’ places for a four year old to visit.

Anyway, I probably haven’t done the clip justice with my description but it was very funny to watch.



A child with a rare medical condition, pictured above.

2) Strange medical conditions


Next up are a couple of amusing comments I found posted on facebook. The first one is from a friend who works in a GP’s surgery.

“There is a reason children should not fill out medical forms…

Q: "Do you have any medical conditions that we should know about other than those listed above?"
A: "Yes, I am a bear."
 

...with a small diagram of said bear. Not overly helpful but good to know."

You’ve got to love the creative imagination of kids.



3) Illogical adults


This next one is another facebook status which this time demonstrates that as well as being creative, kids can also sometimes be very wise…

"Jamie, stop eating with your mouth open! It’s disgusting!"
(Looks at me like I'm an idiot).
"Well how am I supposed to get the food in?"

You can’t argue with logic like that!



4) Random quotes


Next up are a few older quotes which once again highlight the wisdom of kids.

Q: "How can a stranger tell if two people are married?"
A: "You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids."

"When your mom says, ‘Try it, you’ll like it,’ you probably won’t like it."

"I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don’t have any clean laundry because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?"



Annoying phone calls from grandma.
Er, I mean ... from PPI companies.

5) Nuisance calls from ... grandma?


Finally, I’ll finish things off with a short story regarding my cousin and her five year old son. Around this time my cousin had been getting a lot of PPI nuisance calls where a recorded message rings you up and reels off a load of patter to try to get you to sign up for a PPI compensation claim.

So after picking up the phone to discover it was yet another PPI call, my cousin angrily slammed the phone straight back down and then said to her young son, “Guess who that stupid call was from?” After considering the question for a few moments he replied, “Em … grandma?”

- - - - - - - - - -

Kids come out with enough interesting comments to fill an encyclopaedia so I’ll post another batch of quotes from kids at some point in the future.




Update: As predicted, I have indeed compiled many more collections of funny quotes from kids. Here are two of the latest:
Funny things kids say (part 7)
Funny things kids say (part 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment