Nicknames, famous sayings and big furry heads...
|Today's official attendance: 1|
(Figures compiled by Paul Merson).
1) “There’s only one person gets you sacked, and that’s the fans.”
2) "I have to be careful what I say about the ref. He was absolutely appalling!"
...Neil Lennon taking great care not to say anything bad about the ref.
3) "Don't ask me what a typical Brazilian is because I don't know what a typical Brazilian is. But Romario was a typical Brazilian."
...Sir Bobby Robson
4) "Chris Porter scored his first league goal last week, and he's done the same this week."
5) The sight of opposing fans walking together down Wembley Way. You won't get that anywhere other than Wembley."
6) "Forest have now lost six matches without winning."
7) "I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own."
...Mickey Thomas, former Man United player and convicted counterfeiter.
8) "Sunderland edged the game by a long, long way for me."
|Oldham's new centre forward...|
...according to the linesman.
Gordon Strachan: “Naw, still 5ft 6″, ginger and a big nose.”
10) "Like so many of the current Chelsea team, Zola is unique."
11) "He had an eternity to play that ball, but he took too long over it."
12) "The linesman flagged initally because he thought I was an Oldham player. Fair enough, I did have a replica shirt on ... but I also have a big furry head."
...The Oldham mascot, Chaddy The Owl, is surprised to be given offside during a match.
13) "One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best."
14) "Where did you get the nickname Dickie Dosh from?"
...Ray Stubbs speaking to Walsall manager 'Richard Money'.
15) "There's a famous saying, 'If you pass the square ball in your own defensive third it must not be intercepted.'"
...Graham Taylor quotes that 'famous' football saying.
Footballers are always coming out with funny comments, so I'll no doubt have another round-up of funny football quotes at some point in the future.
You can also find more funny football quotes at the links below:
Funny Football Quotes (Part 3)
Funny Football Quotes (Part 4)
Funny Football Quotes (Part 5)