Saturday 28 December 2019

Funny things kids say (part 8)

One of my favourite themes to feature on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog is my occasional series of blog posts entitled 'Funny things kids say' featuring amusing quotes and nuggets of wisdom from kids.

As I've mentioned before, one of my favourite pieces of advice is 'Do more or what makes you happy', so in keeping with my own advice, what better way to end the year than with another collection of funny things kids say taken as usual from the internet and real life...

Editor: "Charles, it's not that type of kid."
Charles: "Oh, that's a relief. Otherwise it would have
just been 10 quotes going, "Bleat! Bleat! Bleat!

1) The voice of experience


To start things off, here are some wise words which I suspect come from the voice of experience...

"When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair."




2) Loophole


Here's a conversation from reddit featuring a kid who is an expert at finding loopholes...

Parent: "You can't have just chips for dinner. That's not healthy."
Kid: "Okay, then I'll have a chip sandwich without the bread."





3) Technically correct


This next kid took the question a little bit too literally...

"Can you draw a magical mushroom?"
"Yes."
Ha, ha! That just sums up the excellent way kids' minds work. And technically, they answered the question correctly!




4) Playing favourites


Here's one from twitter that wasn't posted by Daniel's mum...

I said to my son last night, "Who is your favourite parent?"
His reply, "Daniel's mum."

Ha, ha! I suspect that wasn't the answer she was expecting!




World map.
Note: Countries shown are not drawn to actual size.

5) Larger than life


This next fact may seem obvious to adults, but it sounds like it came as quite a shock to this next kid...

"Mummy, did you know all of those countries are actually bigger than on the map!"




6) Life is unfair (part 1)


Sometimes life can be so unfair, as this next kid discovered...

4 year old: "When will I be the oldest?"
Father: "Your sister was born first. She'll always be older."
4 year old: "What happened to taking turns?"

Tweet by @XplodingUnicorn



"Grandma won't buy me a toy! And I fell over!"
"That's so unfair!"

7) Life is unfair (part 2)


Here's a conversation I overheard in a local supermarket between a small child and his grandma.

Young kid: "Grandma, can I get this toy?"
Grandma: "No."
Young kid: "Aw ... but I fell!"
Grandma: "You don't get a toy every time you fall over."
Young kid: "Aw! But that's not fair!"

I love the fact that the kid thought that just because he fell over, that meant he was automatically entitled to a toy!

Listen kid, life isn't always fair. Sometimes when you fall over, all you get is a sore knee.





8) "Daddy's no sapling."


The fact that kids have no concept of age is a theme I've featured before in previous 'Funny things kids say' compilations, and here's another example...

Dad: "How old is daddy?"
Toddler: "Daddy's as old as trees!"

Some trees are over a thousand years old, so it's not the most flattering comparison!





9) "Cough! Cough!"


Here's a quote from a seven year old on twitter* which demonstrates that kids pay attention...

7 year old: "I don't know why I have a cough. I don't even smoke!"

* To clarify, the quote wasn't posted by a seven year old. It was posted by their parent.




10) A baby protestor


Finally, kids should be allowed to enjoy childhood, rather than being used as political props by their parents, but I think this is a message we can all get behind...

A message we can all agree with.

"What do we want?"
"Colourful squiggles!"
"When do we want them?"
"Before naptime."




You can find more funny quotes from kids in the blog posts below:
Funny things kids say (part 5)
Funny things kids say (part 6)
Funny things kids say (part 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment