Saturday 6 October 2018

Funny signs (part 2)

It's time for another collection of amusing signs, starting with a sign found in the window of a very ambiguously named shop...

1) Ambiguous shop name


Hmm, I wonder what this shop serves...

Burritos & Tacos
Now serving: Burritos & Tacos

I'm glad they added the 'Now Serving: Burritos & Tacos' sign clarifying what they serve, as the vague ambiguous name of the shop left me unsure.



2) An honest candidate


Here's a sign from a candidate who would appear to have all the required attributes for treasurer...

"I won't steal and I know how to count!"

She gets my vote!



3) "Please limit your trial time"


I was quite musical in my youth, so from my memories of the type of customers you would see in guitar shops, I can relate to this sign...


"We know it's real important to impress your girlfriend with your Jimi Hendrix playing ability, but please limit your trial time to 10 minutes so others can impress their girlfriends."



4) Surreal sign


I found the bizarre surrealness of this sign amusing...


"Dog found:

* Very friendly.
* Doesn't bark much.
* Loves Metallica."



5) Engrish sign



I suspect the exact meaning of this next sign got lost a little in translation...

"Please urinate with precision and elegance."

I spent a couple of months in Japan a few years ago, and weird signs like this were surprisingly frequent. I remember one sign at a bowling alley which read something like:

"Knock down all the pins and get hot communication!"

I think it was trying to say your friends will cheer if you get a strike, but once again things got a little jumbled up in translation.



6) The latest fragrance


Finally, this has got to be the worst name for a perfume ever...

"Please use the escalator."
A new fragrance by Prada.

You can find more amusing signs in my previous posts:
Funny signs
Guess the sign quiz




Follow Charles Fudgemuffin on facebook and twitter:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/charlesfudgemuffin
Twitter: @CFudgemuffin

No comments:

Post a Comment