Saturday 16 September 2017

"My stomach literally fell out of my body!"

Andre Agassi prepares for his next tennis match.
When people misuse the word 'literally' it drives me literally insane!  Well, actually it drives me figuratively insane.

Here's another round-up of amusing quotes featuring misuse of the word 'literally...

1) "Harry Redknapp is going to be literally, literally pulling his hair out."
...John Scales


2) "When Andre Agassi meets a qualifier, he tends to literally steamroller them."
...Ian Carter


3) “When my name wasn’t read out, my stomach literally fell out of my body.”
...A model on Britain’s Next Top Model uses an extreme method to lose weight.


4) During the Olympic 20 km walk...

"And she is literally running away from the field!"
...BBC commentator.  What a cheat!


5) "The ball was literally glued to the back of his foot into the back of the net."
...Alan Parry.  And another cheat.


A football fan watches Terry Butcher play for England.
6) "We're talking to Frank Bruno this morning and the phones have literally been melting."
...ITV presenter


7) "I just have to keep my nose clean, literally, for the first three or four laps tomorrow.”
...Jenson Button. Yeah, there's nothing worse than having a scruffy nose when you're a formula 1 driver.


8) "Every time you pull on an England shirt you are literally under the microscope."
...Terry Butcher


9) “This recipe literally takes no time at all."
...Jamie Oliver, reporting on how 'fast food' has been taken to the ultimate extreme.


10) "Fabregas literally carries 10 yards of space around in his shorts."
...Ray Wilkins


11) "This album is literally flying off the shelves."
...Fearne Cotton. Magical CDs go on sale.


12) "The ball came back, literally cutting Graham Thorpe in half."
...Colin Croft


13) "Once you have thrown a javelin it is literally out of your hands."
...Tessa Sanderson

What a helpful lady!
To be fair, that last quote was actually used correctly, but I still found it's obviousness amusing.


To round things off, here are a few I've heard people saying in real life...

14) "I literally bent over backwards to try to help him."


15) "I literally feel like a lizard."


16) "I was so excited.  I was literally on pins and needles!"




You can literally find more funny quotes in my previous blog posts which are literally awesome!
"People are literally tearing their hair out!"
"Everton are literally a bag of Revels!"

No comments:

Post a Comment