Saturday 2 December 2017

Stupid questions (part 2)

Stupid questions have been featured on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog before, and they always make me smile, so here's another batch of daft and amusing questions. Once again the following questions have been compiled from various internet forums, facebook, twitter and real life...

Rain, pictured outside.

1) From facebook...


This is a stupid question that my friend was asked by his girlfriend...

Friend: "It's raining."
Girlfriend: "What, outside?"

If I had to stick my neck out and hazard a guess then I would say, "Yes, the rain is probably falling outside rather than inside."



2) Asked of a teacher...


"What's the name of the person buried at the tomb of the unknown soldier?"



3) At a book shop...

Could this be the book they were looking for?

Customer: "I'm looking for a book.  I don't know what it's called, but it was blue and on that table at Christmas."

Oh, the blue book?  I know exactly which book you mean, because of course in the history of literature there's only ever been one book published with a blue cover. #irony



4) At the library...


Visitor: "I'm looking for a book by that author with a bald head and a beard."
Librarian: "Sorry, I can only search by author or book title.  Our search system doesn't allow us to search by 'does the author have a bald head and a beard'."



McDonalds.
I'm jugglin' it.

5) At McDonalds drive-thru...


When you order four drinks with your meals...

Sales Assistant: "Would you like a tray?"
Thinks: "A tray?  No, don't worry about a tray.  I'll just juggle the four drinks while I drive."
Says: "Yes, please."



6) In a shop...


Customer: "What time do you close?"
Shop Assistant: "We're open 24 hours."
Customer: "Oh, so will you be open at midnight?

What part of 'open 24 hours' do they not understand?



"I must remember to pop to the book shop to buy a birthday cake."

7) In a book shop...


Customer: "Do you sell birthday cakes?"

!?!?  Birthday cakes?  Why would a book shop sell birthday cakes!?  What did the customer expect them to say...?

"Birthday cakes? Yes, that's our top selling item here at this book shop."



8) At the library...


The following misunderstanding made me chuckle...

Visitor: "Can you tell me where the teas are?"
Librarian: "We don't sell tea, but there's a coffee shop next door."
Visitor: "No, not tea.  T!  Where are the 'T's?  I'm looking for a book beginning with T!"



Sunglasses

9) At a sunglasses shop...


Customer: "How much are your cheapest sunglasses?"
Assistant: "$80."
Customer: "Where do you keep the sunglasses which cost less than $80?"

Clearly that customer has a different definition of the word 'cheapest' compared to the dictionary that I use!



Can you guess where cod liver oil comes from?
(There's a clue in this picture.)

10) At a health store...


Customer: "Do you sell a plant based fish oil?"
Assistant: "Fish oil comes from a fish.  Not from a plant."

Apparently the customer got quite angry on being told this, but if you don't want the obvious pointed out to you then don't ask stupid questions!

. . . . . . . .

You can find more stupid questions at the links below:
"And the award for the most stupid question ever goes to..."
Stupid questions (part 1)


No comments:

Post a Comment