Holidays gone 'wrong'.
|Life is better in flip flops...|
...but not for some 'unfortunate' holiday makers.
Here are some amusing complaints raised by some 'unfortunate' holiday makers...
1) "It was hotter in Britain than where we went. That's not fair!"
...I have to admit, I would find that annoying as well.
2) “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It only took the Americans three hours to get home.”
...Yeah, it's so annoying when travel companies abide by the the laws of physics.
3) “We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”
4) "The Fanta orange in Spain was a lot more Fanta-y than the Fanta at home."
5) "My fiance and I booked a twin bedded room, but we were placed in a double. I am now pregnant."
...Hmm, I don't think you can hold the travel company totally responsible for that.
|Caution: Not suitable for acrophobia sufferers, or imbeciles.|
7) “There was no sign telling you that you shouldn’t get on the hot air balloon ride if you’re afraid of heights.”
...That's probably because they assume people aren't complete imbeciles.
8) “We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for 5 Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.”
9) "The ice in my glass melted too quickly."
10) “You said the town was next to a volcano, but we went and there was no lava. I’m pretty sure it was just a mountain.”
11) "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
...Sand on a beach! Who would have guessed it?
12) "Our rep was English. We didn't think that was very authentic."
|The view from a London hotel room. #WishfulThinking|
14) "Our London hotel didn't have an ocean view."
...What did they expect to see out of a London hotel room? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically by?
15) "It rained. We didn't even know it rained in Spain!"
If anyone knows any more funny holiday complaints then feel free to leave a comment.
. . . . . . . .
One of my favourite places in the world is Haad Rin Sunrise Beach on Koh Phangan in Thailand. You can find out more about Haad Rin and Koh Phangan in the travel guide 'Haad Rin Guide Book' available for kindle from Amazon.