Saturday 10 October 2015

National Pug Day

This week sees the world celebrate the cuteness of pugs with National Pug Day which falls on Pugtober 15th, so in honour of this special day, this week the Charles Fudgemuffin blog is dedicated to my parents' adorably cute pugs, Bella and Phoebe...

1) A new arrival to the family



This is Bella the Pug looking adorably cute in her pink bow when she was just a baby puppy. I showed this photo to a girl I work with and her response was, "Arrr!  I think we should have a 'Bring your parents' dog to work day!'"



2) Learning to walk



This is one of the first times Bella ever wore her walking harness. As you can see, she didn't quite grasp the concept of how to go for a walk the first time she tried it. It took her a few goes to get the hang of it, but once she figured it out she now loves going for walk, just like all dogs.



3) Posing for the camera



Bella looks a bit grumpy in this photo, but I promise you that she loves going for walks! When my mam and dad take her out for a walk she attracts a lot of attention from her adoring public, and you'd think she was a famous celebrity!

One time my mam waited outside the local supermarket with Bella while my dad did the shopping, and when my dad came out of the supermarket he couldn't find them because there were so many people crowded around wanting to see Bella! She loves all the attention, though.



4) A new sister for Bella



Here's a photo of Bella's cute new sister, Phoebe, looking sweet and innocent on her first day at her new home.



5) Naughty pug



It turned out that the 'sweet and innocent' look was just a cunning ruse.



6) Gardening pug



One of Bella's favourite pastimes is to help my mam with the gardening by digging up 'old' plants which aren't needed any more. Although I have to admit that Bella's opinion of which plants need digging up, sometimes differs from my mam's opinion.



7) Gardening apprentice



It wasn't long before Bella had Phoebe trained in the art of 'gardening'.



8) Mischievous pugs



"Who made all this mess!?"
Bella: "Phoebe did it."
Phoebe: "Bella did it."

This day they were being very quiet so my mam eventually got suspicious and went to investigate. It turned out that they had found a fun new game called 'Let's make as much mess as possible!' They're so cute though, that you can't help laughing, and Bella's expression when you catch her being naughty seems to say, "What? What's the problem?"



9) Tired pugs



All worn out after all that mischief!



10) Snuggle pugs!



Snuggles!  My mam and dad had Bella for a few months before they got Phoebe, so they were a little worried how Bella would get on with her new sister. However, as you can see, Bella and Phoebe are best of friends. They love getting up to mischief together ... but they also love having a snuggle at the end of a tiring day!

. . . . . . . .

If any pug lovers would like to leave a messaage for Bella and Phoebe then feel free to leave a comment, and I'll pass your message on to Bella and Phoebe!




You can find more pug photos in my follow up post:
National Pug Day (part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment