Thursday 8 November 2012

Sneeze page: Four of my favourite posts

Charles Fudgemuffin goes green!


Recycling old rubbish.
I’m a firm believer in recycling, so when I recently read a post on another blog discussing the concept of a ‘sneeze’ page, whereby you basically recycle your most popular old posts to create a fresh new compilation post, I was instantly intrigued. As well as the green aspect, my lazy side was also attracted by the thought of reusing old material, and so after reading the article I decided to compile my own sneeze page.

So on that note, here are five of my favourite posts to have previously appeared on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog:

1) 10 cool internet Easter eggs


This post features a selection of weird hidden features (known as Easter eggs) found on the internet, and at the time of writing it gets more page views via Google than any other post on my blog. It features some reasonably well-known Easter Eggs such as the YouTube snake and facebook hidden languages, but also showcases some less well-known internet Easter eggs such as an amusing website reporting on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and there’s also a mention for a little known trick found on wikipedia.




2) Funny football quotes (part 1)


This was a post to celebrate the start of the new football season and it includesmemorable pieces of football wisdom such as, ‘You can’t play with a one armed goalkeeper – not at this level’ from Kevin Keegan and the classic line from Sir Bobby Robson, ‘We didn’t underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought.’

In total it collects eighteen funny quotes and even non-football fans will find many of the quotes amusing.




"Sorry, Ayrton. A good effort, but must try harder next time."

3) Giving excellent stuff the credit it deserves


Although this one has a clumsy title, it’s a post which I enjoyed writing and a post where I examine harsh review ratings. Specifically, I mock the way that some people sometimes leave an amazingly praiseworthy review, but then go on to give unduly harsh ratings.

See the Ayrton Senna example to the side as an illustration of what I mean.




4) The fire skipping rope … on crutches!


As visitors to Koh Pha Ngan in Southern Thailand will know, a popular form of entertainment on Haad Rin Sunrise Beach every night is the fire skipping rope whereby drunken backpackers risk life and limb skipping over a large skipping rope which is set on fire. Although this is extremely irresponsible, it’s also very entertaining, and perhaps one of the most impressive sights I witnessed on my last trip to Koh Pha Ngan was the sight of a brave and determined backpacker attempting the fire skipping rope … on crutches!

You can find a video of this impressive feat in my blig post entitled 'The fire skipping rope … on crutches!'

- - - - - - - - - -

Those were four of my favourite posts on my Charles Fudgemuffin blog but there are many other posts which I really like as well, so if I’m ever feeling too lazy to write new material again then I’ll maybe collect another four posts in another Sneeze Page at some point in the future.




For the benefit of convenience, here are all four posts collected together in one handy list:
10 cool internet Easter eggs (part 1)
Funny football quotes (part 1)
Giving excellent stuff the credit it deserves
The fire skipping rope ... on crutches!

No comments:

Post a Comment