Tuesday 28 August 2012

The fire skipping rope ... on crutches!

Partying above and beyond the call of duty.


Attempting the fire skipping rope ... on crutches!
As mentioned in my earlier post entitled, 'The fire skipping rope', one of the late night attractions on Haad Rin Sunrise Beach is that at various points throughout the night, the bar staff set a skipping rope on fire and then drunken backpackers foolishly risk life and limb by attempting to skip through the flames.

The fire skipping rope has been the cause of many an accident in Thailand, so I personally wouldn't recommend participating (especially not while drunk), but to help people get an idea of what it’s all about I uploaded a few fire skipping videos in the aforementioned post entitled, 'The fire skipping rope'.

As it’s been a while since I featured any fire related activity on this blog, I thought it was therefore time I uploaded another fire related video and this one is particularly impressive. Like previous videos this next video features a dude doing the fire skipping rope. However, this time the risk factor goes one step further, because this time the video features a dude doing the fire skipping rope … on crutches! Yes, that’s right! Skipping with fire while on crutches!



You have to admire the courage (or possibly the drunken stupidity) of anyone brave enough to attempt the fire skipping rope, but in this case the star of the video deserves extra special credit for his determination to enjoy his holiday and his ‘have-a-go’ spirit despite his apparent injuries.

I mean talk about dedication to the cause! That’s got to deserve a special award in recognition of services to partying above and beyond the call of duty.

Anyway, that’s probably my favourite fire skipping video so far, although I did enjoy some of the scenes in my previous post, in particular the video of the dude getting in a panic as his legs got a bit tangled. I also found the video of the dude getting hit in the face by the fire skipping rope quite entertaining, although of course my immediate reaction was purely concern that he was okay. ** shifty eyes**




If you’d like to watch out more fire related shenanigans, then check out the following blog posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment