Saturday 3 June 2023

My favourite things

In the movie The Sound Of Music, some of Judi Garland's favourite things included such mundane items as doorbells, sleigh bells, and bright copper kettles. She also listed a few extravagantly weird items, such as 'wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings'.

If Judi Garland happens to be reading this blog post,
here's a special treat for you...
I personally haven't encountered many wild geese flying with the moon on their wings during my lifetime, so I can't really comment with any real authority on Judi Garland's unusual preference. Nevertheless, it does seem a rather weird choice to include as one of your favourite things.

Anyway, this week I'm going to follow Judi Garland's lead and list a few of my own favourite things...

1) My favourite Scooby Doo episode...


The one where it turned out the ghost was really just a man wearing a mask, but he didn't get away with it because of those meddling kids.


Editor's note: "Charles, that's the wrong type of Oasis!"
Charles: "Oops, sorry! But at least I managed
to avoid any copyright infringement."

2) My favourite band


My mate asked me if Oasis were my favourite band.

I said maybe.



3) My favourite episode of The A Team...


The one where Mr T wouldn't get on the plane so they drugged him to get him on the plane.



4) My favourite silly pie chart...


In my opinion, pie charts that look like Pac-Man are extremely cool.

My favourite pie chart.



5) My favourite Road Runner episode...


The one where Wile E. Coyote tried several times to catch the Road Runner using absurdly complex contraptions purchased from the Acme Corporation, but failed spectacularly each time and ultimately ended up falling from a cliff to his doom.

A summer's day, pictured yesterday.

Or for the benefit of any Australian readers,
a summer's day, pictured a few months ago!


6) My favourite day of the year


I'm really looking forward to the English summer. It's my favourite day of the year!



7) My favourite episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer


The one where there was a new monster terrorizing the townsfolk, and at first Buffy and her friends got beaten up by the monster, but then they researched the monster and discovered its weakness which allowed them to defeat the monster, all the while keeping their powers a secret.



8) My favourite controversial question...


Is a KitKat a chocolate bar or a biscuit?



A mild mannered janitor.

Another nondescript photo cleverly chosen
in order to avoid copyright infringement.

9) My favourite episode of Hong Kong Phooey


The one where the mild-mannered janitor, Penrod 'Penry' Pooch, overheard Rosemary the telephone operator telling Sergeant Flint about a reported crime, so then the janitor transformed into Hong Kong Phooey and tried to solve the crime, but sadly his clumsiness made a total mess of the investigation, but fortunately his pet cat Spot managed to save the day and solve the crime, yet somehow Hong Kong Phooey got all the credit.

- - - - - - - - - -

One my favourite short stories I've written (although admittedly I'm biased) is one of the short stories included in my short story compilation 'How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It, and Other Short Stories'.




To avoid influencing anyone who reads 'How To Poison Your Husband And Get Away With It, and Other Short Stories', I won't tell you which short story it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment