Saturday 20 May 2023

Funny menus (part 2)

It's been a while since I last featured amusing menus on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, but this week the wait is finally over!

To start things off, here's a Chinese menu where I suspect the original meaning has been slightly lost in translation...

1) Traditional Chinese food


On a Chinese menu, you might expect to find typical Chinese dishes such as wonton soup, rice balls and, er ... 'reclamation of a wasteland by an army unit."


With some unusual translations you can kind of work out what they were trying to say, but in this case I have absolutely no idea!




2) Alcoholic 'broth'


Next up, here's a pub which is selling a controversial 'soup of the day'.

Soup of the day... Whiskey.

Does that come with croutons?




3) Expensive nothing


Chips without chips? Wouldn't that be nothing?

"How much is chips without chips?"
"That'll be £1.90."

Also, I couldn't help noticing that you can buy cheese without chips, i.e. cheese.

From a takeaway.

What sort of weirdo goes to a takeaway and buys a portion of cheese!?




4) Stir fried wikipedia


If you want to check wikipedia while you dine, then good news! This next restaurant will be right up your street...

"Would you prefer your wikipedia stir fried, or with eggs?"

Personally, if I wanted to read wikipedia, I wouldn't pay a restaurant for the privilege, but each to their own, I suppose.




5) Incredible Hulk


I've absolutely no idea what this next menu item is supposed to be...

"Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry."

The weird thing is, I can read katakana*, and it even says 'Incredible Hulk' in Japanese, so this is a menu which has got me completely baffled.

* The Japanese alphabet used on the menu.




6) My girlfriend is not hungry


Finally, here's an option that should be on every menu...


"We double your fried and add 3 extra onion rings."





You can find more weird menus in my original blog post:
Funny menus (part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment