Saturday 21 January 2023

Seems legit

From time to time on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, I like to give random advice, and one such example of this was my blog post on how to spot fake goods in Thailand.

This week I give you another chance to put your knowledge of fake goods to the test, as I take a look at various items and examples which, despite claims of being legit, definitely seem a little bit dubious...

1) PlayStation 5


To start things off, here's a PS5 for sale which definitely looks genuine...

PS2 + PS3 = PS5

On a related note, I got home the other day to find my girlfriend had left a note on my PS5 saying, "This isn't working."

Imagine my relief when I turned it on and it was working just fine!




2) Burglar alarm


From a distance, I would imagine that this might fool a burglar with poor eyesight...

Bonus marks for the spelling.

However, once they got close up, I suspect that even a poor-sighted burglar may see through the clever ruse. Although obviously, I can't verify this personally, as I'm not a poor-sighted burglar.

If any poor-sighted burglars happen to be reading this, then perhaps they can verify if they were fooled? Also, change your lifestyle, you thief!

On second thoughts, perhaps that should read, 'Change your lifestyle, you thief!'




3) The Holy Bible


I definitely have my doubts about the authenticity of this next item...

Signed copy of the Holy Bible.

Although technically, I suppose it doesn't say who it was signed by.




4) Thoughtful guy with no devious motivations 1


Most men ask women boring questions like 'How are you feeling?' or 'Where would you like to eat?'

However, I like to ask more thoughtful questions, such as, 'What was the name of your first pet?', 'What was your mother's maiden name?' or 'What was the name of your first school?'

1 **shifty eyes**




5) Bus timetable


The bus company behind this next sign may not provide a very reliable service (allegedly), but at least they're honest about it!

"Please ignore all No. 1 bus timetables. That's what we do!
Thank you for attempting to travel with us."

Of course, there's always the possibility that the sign wasn't actually printed by the bus company, and that it's actually a fake sign created by a disgruntled passenger. However, as I'm sure you'll agree, you'd have to be a very skeptical person to think that!




6) Apple computer


Finally, to round things off, here's an Apple laptop, which as you can see is definitely absolutely a legitimate Apple product...

An Apple computer.

The above items may illustrate examples of dubious authenticity, but one thing which definitely can't be trusted is the word of the bank robbers in my short story 'Two Bullets'.




You can find more items of dubious authenticity in the blog post below:
How to spot fake goods in Thailand


No comments:

Post a Comment