Saturday 22 February 2020

Cool people to follow on twitter (part 1)

From time to time on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, I occasionally plug my twitter account which is @CFudgemuffin. However, this week I'm not plugging my own twitter account (which, in case you've forgotten, is @CFudgemuffin), but instead I'm plugging another really cool twitter account which is definitely worth a follow.

The twitter account in question belongs to James Fridman (@fjamie013), and basically how it works is that people send him requests to photoshop their photos for them. However, James never quite interprets their request the way it was specifically intended, with amusing results.

Here are a few examples...

1) "Take out the broom."


To start things off, here's a photo with a typically silly misunderstanding!

Sans broom.




2) "Make me look cooler."


This next photo features an extremely cool looking dude!

"Would you mind making me look cooler?"




3) "Remove my glasses."


This next photo features quite a clever photoshop, and I like the attention to detail...

Sans glasses.




4) "Something a little more expensive."


Despite the regular 'accidental' misunderstandings, James does occasionally do photoshops which are extremely accurate...

Student loans.
Something a little more expensive.
It's also a cautionary tale for anyone thinking of drifting into doing a degree just for the sake of it.




5) "Make me and my friends the same height."


Here's another photoshop where, technically, James complies accurately with the request...

Same height.




6) "Stay active, eat healthy."


Finally, as well as having a silly sense of humour, James also demonstrates a serious side in some of his photos...

"Stay active, eat healthy, and be happy just the way you are."

Editor's note: "It's 'You're hilarious!' Not 'Your hilarious!'"
Charles: "Ed, your missing the point."

In my opinion, that's the perfect balanced reply; not celebrating the fake perfection of airbrushed celebrities like one end of the media does, but neither semi-glamorising an unhealthy lifestyle like the other end of the media has started doing. Try to live a healthy life, but if you don't always succeed, don't let it affect your happiness.

- - - - - - - - - -

Once again, if you want to follow James Fridman on twitter, this is his twitter account:
@fjamie013

And my twitter account isn't quite as cool as James Fridman's, but if you want to follow me anyway, here's the link:
@CFudgemuffin

As this blog post is labelled 'Cool people (plural) to follow on twitter (part 1)', I suppose that means I'm contractually obliged to feature more cool people to follow on twitter at some later date.

To help me out, if anyone knows any other cool twitter accounts worth following, then feel free to leave a reply in the comments.

- - - - - - - - - -

My latest short story, 'A Love Story: A Coward's Tale' is available from Amazon for kindle.



No comments:

Post a Comment