More silly comments from the world of football.
|Football. The inspiration for many silly quotes.|
1) “There was nothing wrong with his timing. He was just a bit late.”
2) “Hodge scored for Forest after 22 seconds … totally against the run of play!”
3) “I don't want to be playing in the Under 21s forever.”
4) “Well, Harry, fifth place last year. How can you better that?”
…Fergus Sweeney. 4th place, perhaps?
5) “What will you do when you leave football, Jack? Will you stay in football?”
6) “Steve Davis has been ever-present under O’Neill. He’s played 19 of the 20 games.”
7) “I was a young lad when I was growing up.”
…David O’Leary. What a coincidence, so was I!
8) “The only thing Norwich didn’t get was the goal that they finally got.”
|A pair of slippers which, according to Ray Wilkins,|
would be suitable for Nani.
10) “He hits it first time with his second touch.”
11) “The interesting thing about Nani is that he has two feet.”
12) “Had we not got that second goal, I think the score might have been different.”
13) “I honestly believe we can go all the way to Wembley, unless somebody knocks us out.”
14) “I would say it was fifty-fifty … six times out of 10 they’re probably given.”
15) “At the end of the day, the Arsenal fans demand that we put eleven players on the pitch.”
…Don Howe. So do the rules, Don.
. . . . . . . .
You can find more funny football quotes, as well as other silly chapters on the theme of football, in the book 'The Funny Side Of Football' available for kindle from Amazon:
The Funny Side Of Football
And if anyone has any other favourite funny football quotes then feel free to leave a comment.