Sunday 16 February 2014

Weird facebook likes (part 3)

A few more statuses that 'friends' on facebook like.


As I've mentioned before on my blog, I find it strange how people on facebook will sometimes post a status which is clearly bad news, and yet some of their so-called friends will 'like' this bad news. It's been a while since my last post on this theme, so here's another round-up of weird and inappropriate facebook likes.

"A car is on fire." 1 friend likes this.
1) "Stuck in traffic.  Car on fire."

1 friend likes this.


Er ... hello!? A car is on fire! That's not something you're supposed to like! I realise there's not a standard set of rules for what you can and can't like on facebook, but if there was then surely, "Don't click 'like' when someone's car sets on fire," would have to be one of the rules.


Next up is another example of a status where the 'like' button just seems to me to be a little inappropriate.

2) "I lived in Mexico problem free for six months then get mugged on my way home in East London."

4 friends like this.


I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure that your friend getting mugged isn't something you should be liking.


This next one is even worse.

3) "Words you never want to hear from your doctor:

"I'm very concerned."


Apparently my liver damage is far worse than either of us had initially thought and he's worried by my test results so tomorrow I need to head back for more blood tests."

5 friends like this.


What part of 'liver damage' do those 5 friends not understand? I can only presume (and hope) that these friends don't actually like the bad news and are in fact just using the 'like' button as a way of showing support, but surely a better way to show support would be to write a supportive comment, rather than indicating that you 'like' this extremely bad news.



"Broken!" One 'fiend' likes this.
Next is a photo (shown to the right) which was accompanied by a simple self-explanatory message:

4) "Broken."

1 friend likes this.


When I first typed up this status I accidentally typed '1 fiend likes this'. I quickly corrected it to 'friend' but on second thoughts I think I got it right the first time. You'd have to be a bit of a fiend to like it when your friend breaks the screen on her expensive mobile phone.


Finally, here's an unfortunate status of someone who fell victim to procrastination.

5) "To do list: Get keys cut. Two days after I ignored my to do list, I am locked out my apartment at 5.30am with nobody to call, locksmith on his way. Absolutely gutted."

1 friend likes this.


I have to admit that I had a sly chuckle at this one but I would never be so sly as to publicly click the like button. Any amusement on my part was purely on a strictly private basis behind the unfortunate person's back.

- - - - - - - - - -

If anyone would like to follow me (Charles Fudgemuffin) on facebook then you can find me at the following link:
Charles Fudgemuffin on facebook

I'd just like to point out though, that if I ever post bad news then please remember that 'likes' should be reserved for happy statuses.




You can find more inappropriate facebook likes below:
Weird facebook likes (part 2)
Weird facebook likes (part 4)

3 comments:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easily, your comment is actually the best comment on this weird facebook likes related issue! I would say thanks, but that wouldn't be sufficient for the fantastic lucidity in your commenting! #Sarcasm

      Delete
  2. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete