Saturday 30 November 2019

I'm not going to mention Peanuts, Gold And Happiness...

My latest short story
'Peanuts, Gold And Happiness'
which I'm not going to mention
at all this week.
My latest short story, 'Peanuts, Gold And Happiness' was recently released, and usually on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog, whenever I release a new short story or new book, I traditionally feature a blog post promoting the short story or book.

However, I've decided that it's kind of egotistical to use my blog just to advertise my short stories, so instead I've decided for once that this week I'm not going to promote my latest short story. In fact I'm not going to mention it at all.

Instead this week I've decided to feature a selection of totally random clips, memes and puzzles...

1) Giraffe or dolphin


Readers may remember the 'laurel or yanny' audio clip which went viral a couple of years ago. It was a rather weird audio trick whereby two people could listen to the same audio clip, and one person would hear the word 'laurel' while the other would hear the word 'yanny'.

Giraffe or dolphin?
You(r ears) decide!
Here's a similar audio trick with the words giraffe and dolphin. The voice narrator is actually saying 'giraffe', but a few seconds of introductory ambient noises have been added to the audio to trick the human mind into hearing the word 'dolphin' when the narrator's audio begins.

It only works on people with sharp mental reflexes, so if you hear the word 'dolphin' you're quite possibly a genius! Whereas if you hear the word 'giraffe', your brain is too slow to be deceived by clever audio engineering!

Anyway, have a listen to the clip and see what you hear...



What did you hear?




2) Can you find the 'P' in less than 20 seconds?


Next up is a test of mental agility. The following image features lots and lots of 'R's, but hidden in amongst all the 'R's somewhere is a letter 'P'.

The average person will locate the 'P' in 24.2 seconds, but can you find it in less than 20 seconds?

Can you find the 'P' in less than 20 seconds?

How long did it take you to find the 'P'?




3) Wheel Of Fortune


Here's another puzzle, this time in the style of Wheel Of Fortune. The answer is based on a totally random subject which I selected totally at random.

Your clue is 'A recently released short story', and your letters are P, N, T, S, G, D and E...


Can you work out what the short story is?




4) Spot The Difference


Finally, here's a spot the difference puzzle based on a totally random image that I picked totally at random.

The question is can you spot 5 differences between the two randomly selected images?

Spot the difference.

If you're struggling to find all 5 differences, or indeed the answers to any of this week's puzzles, you can find the answers by scrolling down the page...










Answers:

1) Giraffe or dolphin


There is no correct answer. Some people may have heard giraffe, dolphin, or perhaps something different altogether!



2) Can you find the 'P'?


The P is in the right hand side column in the 17th row down.


If you looked really hard, you may also have spotted an additional 3 'P's found in a totally random message selected totally at random hidden in the grid.



3) Wheel Of Fortune


The randomly selected short story which I selected totally at random was 'Peanuts, Gold And Happiness'.




4) Spot the difference


The five differences between the two covers are as follows:

1) The smiley only has one eye.
2) The 'a' is filled in black.
3) 'Happiness' is spelt with an extra 's'.
4) 'Charles Futch-Moffin' (the pseudonym I use for more serious stories) has been changed to my regular name of 'Charles Fudgemuffin'.
5) And of course, a dolphin* has been added in the top left corner!

* Please note, a small number of geniuses may see a giraffe, rather than a dolphin.


Once again, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet or not, but my latest short story, 'Peanuts, Gold And Happiness', is now available to purchase for kindle from Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment