Thursday, 9 August 2012

How To Save The World ... in 3D!

Eric and Jixyl the alien introduce themselves in
the 3D video promo for How To Save The World.
.
A few weeks ago I posted a promo slideshow video for my book ‘How To Save The World: An Alien Comedy’ on YouTube and also featured a post about it on my blog.  The video was fairly low budget and was basically just a collection of review quotes to celebrate the launch of How To Save The World on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, but I was happy with it and the music seemed to fit really well.  Like I say, it was fairly basic but it did the job.

However, thanks to the benefit of my newly acquired video creating skills I’ve now taken things one step further.  For the next Charles Fudgemuffin video I’ve taken things to the next level by rendering things in 3D using characters from my book!  Well, not me personally – computers did the rendering obviously – but anyway, my next video has been created in 3D CGI and better still it features the very best of local voice acting talent!

By local I mean very local.  ‘Local’ as in ‘my house’ local.  Or to clarify things even further, I’ve done the voices myself.  That was as far as the budget would stretch.  Admittedly I’m not the greatest actor the world has ever seen, but luckily the main character Eric is basically just a dafter version of me when I was younger so fortunately when it came to the part of Eric I didn’t really need to do any acting.  I could just read the lines as if I was myself.

Anyway, this is the video in all its 3D CGI glory…



Or if you want to watch it directly on YouTube then this is the link:

The video was created using the excellent MovieStorm video creation application.  If anyone wants to have a go at making a 3D CGI video themselves then download the app and you get a free 14 day trial.  Click on the banner below to check it out: 

Moviestorm

As a first effort I'm really pleased with my video creation using MovieStorm, but admittedly I’ve still got a long way to go and I’m far, far away from matching George Lucas for special effects, but I’ve definitely taken a positive step since my first video.

I can also exclusively reveal that this was just a taster video to help me learn the MovieStorm ropes.  Stay tuned for details of my even more ambitious follow-up project…


Follow Charles Fudgemuffin on facebook and twitter:
Twitter: @CFudgemuffin


Legal note: This article features affiliate banner links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About The Author

The 'How To Save The World' books
by Charles Fudgemuffin
Charles Fudgemuffin is the author of the alien comedy 'How To Save The World' books which are available for Kindle from Amazon.  The first book in the series is available from the following link:
How To Save The World: An Alien Comedy

As with all Kindle books, you can also download a free sample of the first few chapters.

Please note, the 'How To Save The World' books contain material suitable for ages 18+ and are not recommended for prudes or squares.