Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Pinterest - The Social Network For Photos And Images

Like, Pin And Repin


A cute pug as featured on my Pinterest board dedicated to pugs.
For the benefit of anyone who hasn't discovered Pinterest yet, I thought I would write a short post briefly covering what it's all about.

Basically, Pinterest is an online photo pinboard which allows you to 'pin' interesting images you come across as you surf the net onto themed boards.  Other users can then follow your boards and the images you pin will show up in their photo stream.

For example my boards include Books By Indie Authors, Pugs (example photo shown), Cartoons, Funny, Wisdom, NUFC, Star Wars, iPhone / iPod Wallpapers and Books I Have Recently Read. Other Pinterest users could therefore decide to follow all my boards or just the boards that appeal to them.

I generally follow boards of a similar theme to my own so that every time I log in, my Pinterest home page shows me the latest stream of images that have been pinned onto the boards I am following.  If I see any particularly interesting photos I can then 'repin' them onto my own boards, 'like' them or leave a comment.

It's a really cool idea and you can often find yourself logging in for a quick five minutes and then ending up spending half an hour on Pinterest.  Although at the time of writing many people in the UK have yet to discover Pinterest, in the US it has quickly grown to be the third ranked social network website after facebook and twitter in terms of total visits, and its growth shows no signs of slowing.

All in all it's well worth joining so if you want to give it a try then the address is simply:
pinterest.com

...and if you're looking for some interesting boards to follow then I can recommend this dude:
Follow some cool dude by the name of Charles Fudgemuffin on Pinterest

As already mentioned I have a board entitled 'Books By Indie Authors' so if you're an indie author and would like your book cover pinned to the board, then click on the following link and it'll take you to the image shown to the right:
Indie Authors Click Here

You can then leave a reply with a link to where I can find an image of your book cover.  Please note, Pinterest also display a link next to the photo showing where the photo originally came from, so most authors tend to pin their book covers from either their blog or their amazon page.


Charles Fudgemuffin is also on facebook and twitter:
Twitter: @CFudgemuffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About The Author

The 'How To Save The World' books
by Charles Fudgemuffin
Charles Fudgemuffin is the author of the alien comedy 'How To Save The World' books which are available for Kindle from Amazon.  The first book in the series is available from the following link:
How To Save The World: An Alien Comedy

As with all Kindle books, you can also download a free sample of the first few chapters.

Please note, the 'How To Save The World' books contain material suitable for ages 18+ and are not recommended for prudes or squares.